Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Esnoop Dough-g


Que ondas my friends from the north??

 

The other day a friend of ours here in El Salvador attempted to pronounce the names of many popular musical artists in America. 

 

I fell on the floor when he tried Snoop Dog. Latinos call him esnoop dauwgh. I wish I could spell their pronunciation. More like, ehsnooop dough--ggg. I can’t get over it. 

 

Apart from bad English and worse Spanish, it was another lovely week.

 

Well I think I’ve adjusted to the city life. Not sure I like it, but I’m used to it. The other night, for about one minute, there were no cars at the intersection right next to us, and it was....silent. I remembered that sometimes the world is quiet...and I LOVED it. One day I’ll go back to Belize. It’s always quiet there. 

 

In case any of you have been worried the obliteration of my pride, I want to reassure you that the mission continues to bulldoze over my head. I don’t think I’ll ever reach the point where I don’t feel totally helpless without the guidance of the Lord. Training has brought an onslaught of insecurities with it...I just don’t want to mess up a new missionary! It’s been nerve racking, and I need a lot of help. How can I know if I am doing it right? I can’t, without the guidance of a loving and patient Father in Heaven. 

 

That being said, Sis M and I are having a great time. She is stellar. We get along well, and we have a lot of fun. She is from the Provo (Utah) area, and she has been filling me in on things from the outside world (If you can call Provo the outside world.).

 

Did you guys know this phrase? THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. When she told me about this fad, I laughed for a longggg time. Good to know twitter is alive and kicking. I just have forgotten how to use it. ew. Social media. I forgot about social media. SCRIPTURES!! haha

 

Miracles continue to pave the streets of El Salvador. Yes I’m fully aware that makes little sense. But my English is taking a hit with all this Spanish. dios esta pendiente de ustedes!! AS I’ve been doing some personal introspection and reflection on my mission, I realized that in the beginning I was sooo grateful for the WHY and the HOW of the gospel. Or namely, the plan of salvation (why) and the restoration (how). But as I’ve matured in the mission, I’ve developed a deeper appreciation for the what. The very simple, basic truths. faith, repentence, baptism, the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. Those are the things that in the end change us. Those are the things that--provided we do them--make us into something we weren’t in the past. The rest is just information. The best information, but knowledge without acts can’t help us. 

 

Check this out. 

But our voices can be more powerful if we can get the gift of bearing a sure witness that Jesus is the Christ and the Savior of the world. That witness will come most powerfully out of your own

experiences with the Atonement of Jesus Christ working in your life. If you reflect often on how His Atonement has changed you and if you give thanks often, you will find that your witness of Him gains power to touch the hearts of others.

Henry B Eyring

 

 

How powerful is that?? The message of the restoration of the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ is the single most beautiful message I have EVER heard in my entire life. Faith and repentance and covenants!! I know He hears me...

 

 

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God

 

I invite everyone to come unto Christ...to be perfected in Him. TO ACT. Faith is all about action.

 

. 17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

 

 

I testify of Him. 

 

Until next time, keep it real. Keep the commandments. Exercise your faith. 

 

lotta love,

 

Hermana Hirschi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment