Monday, February 23, 2015

chhhaptiulo

Alaina is probably going to kill me for posting this pic,
 but it is so classic Alaina!

Hey now hey now

This is what dreams are made of. 

 


Thanks Hilary. 

 

We had some goood times this week! It’s weird because with tanto tiempo en la mision, (with much time in the mission) one forgets what it’s like to be immersed in a new culture. 

 

For example, this week when a bolo (drunken man smashed) was bothering us, I hardly gave it any thought. It’s just a regular ordeal for me these days. There are drunk men around and they’re gonna bother, you just ignore them. 

 

But MAN. Sis S got a kick out that guy. She even took a picture of him. Actually quite a few. It was all fun and games until he got up to come and talk to us at close range and Sis S screamed and ran away and some on lookers died laughing at her reaction. 

 

So did I. 

 

But yeah. Were just working. I’m just missing Mejicanos. And leaving it all on the court. 

The spiritual court, brethren and sisters. 

 

And still learning. That is the most amazing part. LIFE IS ALL ABOUT LEARNING. And I love it. And something else I love is teaching the gospel every day. I guess this week I realized that I won’t be able to teach pure and unadulterated doctrine in the way I’ve been able to...day after day hour after hour in the same fashion that I have been for so long. 

 

And the gospel truth? I will miss it! goo. So, I’m testifying and teaching with all I’ve got. 

Also some people are like, hey do you remember me? When I see them in the street and its super uncomfortable because I’m always like....

 

nnnooooooooo.............................sorry. 

But it normally comes back to me. But how fun right? PEOPLE REMEMBER ME. Aaand I guess people out here love the catholic channel on TV, because many people have been saying, 

 

Hey! I saw you singing on TV!

Like I’m not joking I really am famous. Haha

(if you remember, in December, Alaina sang for an awards ceremony for Padre Flavvimucci, a local Catholic priest who was receiving a community award for his work strengthening families.  The ceremony was televised so Alaina has had her 15 minutes of fame!- Alaina's mom)

 

 

Yeah. 

 

Well this week I guess I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Feeling nervous about my little brother Andrew, and this whole mission thing. And I needed some consolation. And then I read this

 

Consider the Lord’s uniquely individual invitation to “take my yoke upon you.” Making and keeping sacred covenants yokes us to and with the Lord Jesus Christ. In essence, the Savior is beckoning us to rely upon and pull together with Him, even though our best efforts are not equal to and cannot be compared with His. As we trust in and pull our load with Him during the journey of mortality, truly His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

 

-David A Bednar

 

After a year and a half of testifying of Christ, I really do know that these things are true. Christ lives and He can give us peace. He has given me peace. The most fun part about being in this area is that people tell me I’m different. That I’ve changed. I consider it a high compliment because I’ve been working very hard to change! And I am different. I’m better thanks to the Savior. And I can keep improving myself. Why is Jesus Christ important in our lives? In mine...it’s the hope I have to always start over fresh. To always improve myself. It would indeed be a dark world if we thought we could never be forgiven or change or move forward. 

 

The gospel is soooo centralllllll. 

 

Be good. 

Love you all. 

 

Love, 

Sister Hirschi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment