Friday, February 7, 2014

Va Creer Man


Ok for starters. I just want to apologize for the lamest, least uplifting, least informative, and most stupid email of all time that I sent last week. I was practically on my death bed. 
 
Well folks, time keeps on slippin slippin slippin, into the future. Thanks space jam for those penetrating lyrics. Which seem to me to actually make very little sense. Shouldn't the time be slipping into the past? Who can say. (She's already 1/4 of the way done with her mission!)

 So in this very moment I am stressing out hard core about all the things I have to cover which passed in this week. As such, I will approach this email in a list-like fashion, employing the use of the alphabet to organize my ideas. Let’s ride. 

a. SOMEBODY. Please add 'plumber' to my resume/list of valuable and attractive skills. Hahah please. Because out here in the mission I’ve learned something. We have a little house and when something goes wrong--we just have to fix it ourselves. So this week our sink clogged up. I looked at it. I was befuddled and also determined to come out the victor (like my boys THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS). I started unscrewing things. I started removing critical parts. I got the most disgusting liquid on my hands. and...I FIXED IT. PS don’t waste your money on drain-o. 

 
b. We have secured for ourselves...brand new bikes!!! Wow. I love riding bikes. My childhood is rekindled each and every time I mount my shiny new bicycle. I am debating names for my bike. Right now it’s between Shadowfax and Hidalgo. Both great horses who took their riders to great success. The symbolism is pretty clear I think.  

 
c. I have become freakishly resourceful since beginning this mission. I baked two cakes in frying pans in a toaster. I am speaking the truth. The MI6 or CIA will be recruiting me any day now. 

 
d. Well, we have bikes now but we also have a TON of hills in Belize. This means that I am slowly yet surely developing thighs akin to Thor's. Thighs of Thor. It has a ring to it and I think I will make an exercise program in 14 months with that title. It’s gonna be a raging success. 
 

e. We are exploring the Mennonite frontier. I seriously can’t expound sufficiently on the diversity here in Belize. There are people from everywhere and the cool thing is that they keep their cultures. Next week my compa and I are going to an unopened area where all the MENNONITES live (think Amish people) to see if we can whet their appetites for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Good stories to come from that--next week on--the district. #insidemissionariesjokes

 
From the top of the temple ruins at Xuantinch
f. I have already nearly fallen off of my bike. I actually just hit a big rock and went lurching over the front of my handle bars and was bent perfectly in half.  My dignity is aching still because there was a crowd there and they were highly entertained. 

 
g. MORE RUINS. We went to
Xuantinch yesterday!! It is bigger AND better than our last ruins excursion. All of us missionaries made a movie at the ruins about a war. The tourists stared at us and I’m not sure what we have done to the church’s reputation. But on the top of this temple we could see all of Belize and into Guatemala. Basically, it was sweet. I am so obsessed with Belize you guys.
 

h. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLIE H. 

 
i. I LOVE JACOB CHAPTER 5. If you haven't read it lately, I highly recommend that you do so, with the Book of Mormon study manual to help you understand the symbols. I read it and it changed my life. It’s amazing how God has orchestrated everything. Absolutely everything is in His care. And He has told us about it from the beginning. That is the coolest part. He knows all things! There was always going to be a restoration of the gospel and we are in the climax of times right now! We are playing a very exciting part in God’s plan for His children. I’ve said it before but here I go again. READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. Also I am absolutely sure that just like the incredible Stacey T--I will be my own greatest convert after this mission. 

 
ahhh too much. This email is too much and I’m fully aware yet I still have more to compartir con ustedes. (share with you). Remember who you are. Remember that I know this work is true and I love it. Remember to always hide your past rapping careers because if you don’t the Elders will find it and they will demand performances every 10 minutes. wite chok'lit is back (White Chocolate was Alaina’s rapping alter ego many moons ago)

 
hahah ok too much. Love you all and I hope you hear from you soon! Also remember how awesome and easy missionary work is. Ok there is my baby machete for you all! 

 

Love forever, 

Sister Hirschi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment