Thursday, March 20, 2014

Que es Provo??


 
 
For real actually this time I am telling you guys that I have ZERO MINUTES to write. Get ready for some mad grammatical errors and ugly vocabulary.

SO much passed this week, and I wish I could detail it all. For the sake of time, I will bullet point. *new verb* “to bullet point”.

·         A drunk man chased me on my bike. He proceeded to try to bite me and also barked at me. My adrenaline was off the charts. It was a horribly frightening moment. In my efforts to dodge the man I almost drove into a ditch. He was very drunk, so no fears mom. I easily outran him.

·         One night I drank a lot of juice at an investigators house. The senior couple visiting with us didn’t have the guts to finish theirs and poured it in my glass when our host was turned around. (just kidding. I love the senior couples. they are my 3rd grandparents)  I watched with a sort of gaping horror and then finished their juice. I could feel it sloshing around in my stomach all night. It was a new kind of pain for me.

·         One young man on the street asked me why I talked like a gangster. Evidently I am the first missionary/gangster he has ever encountered. Evidently I am a missionary gangster. I don’t know how to fix this problem.

·         I thought someone was stealing my bike, so I chased them down the street.  Turns out it was a member trying to fix it for me. I looked like a borderline disturbed person but please tell me something new.

·         In our English class, a young boy asked, 'Que es Provo?' and I lost it for twenty minutes. Where to start? I don’t think I can answer him.

·         Last night in a lesson a man told us that Jesus Christ was a pretty nice guy. I stared at the ground for at least 10 seconds before speaking again to ensure that I didn't erupt in laughter.

·         Also K**. I wish you could all meet K**. He hid behind us during our lesson when the police drove by. Mom--again don’t worry. K** is solid, the police are corrupt here. We taught K** the plan of salvation and it was so beautiful to see his reaction to learning that he was a child of God. He's attempted suicide many times, and when he learned that he had purpose in life...it’s a hard moment to describe but it was really powerful.

·         Also I have a lot of weaknesses and a lot of problems. Hahah its all on the table now.  But I read this scripture. And I know that faith is real...and so is Christ. And faith can be so hard to maintain...but without it, God can do nothing for us. I am so grateful for Christ--I know He will change me and make my weaknesses my strengths. I am grateful for weaknesses because they help me be humble! They help me understand the Savior.

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.

 I love each and every one of you. I miss you, and also I am 6 months old! SEE YA'LL IN A YEAR!
The church is true.

 
love,

Sista Hirschi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment