Friday, May 30, 2014

Good thing I LOVE this little town!

The Zone on a p-day.  A zone is a group of missionaries that work in the area.  P-day is the day the missionaries prepare for the week by doing laundry, grocery shopping etc.  It is also the day they can sight-see, souvenir shop, write letters etc
YES!!!!
 

Another guaranteed 6 weeks in my lovely little town. Changes came and went. They took my companion, Sister H, back to the United States and left me with..........SISTER N! Making a smash hit return from the CCM. We were together in Mexico for 6 weeks and now we are reunited, and it feels so good. 

 
So here is this week’s rundown. For a photo finish. 
 

1. I had no medicine and my gums were receding to my jaw and I remembered my mom telling me to gargle saltwater. I did. By a miracle the next day everything was fine…Because I know you are all deeply invested in my dental care. Gingivitis is serious everyone.

 
2. I touched a lion. because a circus came to town, and the animal cages were just hanging out in a field. Of course no one was monitoring them. So I petted him. #goodideaalways. Mom I am missing a finger btw. WOW JUST KIDDING. But what a rush! The lion was exceedingly friendly. And huge! So were the tigers. They don’t call them big cats for nuthin!!

 
3. A giant moth attacked Sister H in a lesson. Let’s just say I laughed and cried and screamed excessively. 

 
4. J GOT BAPTIZED!! It was a beautiful service. He had a ton of support!

 
5. My new companion came in fresh from San Salvador. I guess I rode my bike too fast for her on Sunday. I guess. Because when she came around one corner she rode off the cement, into the grass and hit a water pipe which started spouting water and she flipped up over her handle bars and the bike fell on top of her. 

 
I can only offer my gratitude for having made the decision to turn around and check on her to see the previously mentioned event unfold right before my own eyes. I applied myself sooooooooooooooo hard to refrain from laughing. No way. It was too unreal. 

 
Well. R** and K** are my favorite people ever! Almost. They are just so ridiculously prepared for the gospel. Every commandment we teach them they loooove and see the wisdom and merit in it. They want to participate in everything. K** really understands how to put the Lord first. 

 
SO this week. I went crazy for President Monson's talk. "Obedience brings Blessings" and another one "obedience to law is liberty'. This is a principle I failed to understand before the mission. Obedience is the key

 
Surely there could not be any doctrine more strongly expressed in the scriptures than the Lord’s unchanging commandments and their connection to our happiness and well-being as individuals, as families,and as a society. There are moral absolutes. Disobedience to the Lord’scommandments will always deprive us of His blessings. These things donot change.

 
Well put Elder Perry. Obedience brings us peace of mind and a clear conscience. I have never tried so hard to be so obedient my entire life--to totally place my will on the altar. It is not easy. But I have been so much more satisfied with myself and my life! I feel so liberated. So just do it! Just give it up. Just turn it over to the Lord. Just do things His way. He can make so much more of us than we can of ourselves. I know that Jesus Christ has power beyond our understanding to change and mold us. The fruit of the gospel--and the spirit--is the sweetest feeling we can have in this life! 

 
SO. Stay cool. And remember, when you reach a new level--you meet a new devil. So be obedient. Nice. 
 

Love you all. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment