|The Zone on a p-day. A zone is a group of missionaries that work in the area. P-day is the day the missionaries prepare for the week by doing laundry, grocery shopping etc. It is also the day they can sight-see, souvenir shop, write letters etc|
Another guaranteed 6 weeks in my lovely little town. Changes came and went. They took my companion, Sister H, back to the United States and left me with..........SISTER N! Making a smash hit return from the CCM. We were together in Mexico for 6 weeks and now we are reunited, and it feels so good.
So here is this week’s rundown. For a photo finish.
1. I had no medicine and my gums were receding to my jaw and I remembered my mom telling me to gargle saltwater. I did. By a miracle the next day everything was fine…Because I know you are all deeply invested in my dental care. Gingivitis is serious everyone.
2. I touched a lion. because a circus came to town, and the animal cages were just hanging out in a field. Of course no one was monitoring them. So I petted him. #goodideaalways. Mom I am missing a finger btw. WOW JUST KIDDING. But what a rush! The lion was exceedingly friendly. And huge! So were the tigers. They don’t call them big cats for nuthin!!
3. A giant moth attacked Sister H in a lesson. Let’s just say I laughed and cried and screamed excessively.
4. J GOT BAPTIZED!! It was a beautiful service. He had a ton of support!
5. My new companion came in fresh from San Salvador. I guess I rode my bike too fast for her on Sunday. I guess. Because when she came around one corner she rode off the cement, into the grass and hit a water pipe which started spouting water and she flipped up over her handle bars and the bike fell on top of her.
I can only offer my gratitude for having made the decision to turn around and check on her to see the previously mentioned event unfold right before my own eyes. I applied myself sooooooooooooooo hard to refrain from laughing. No way. It was too unreal.
Well. R** and K** are my favorite people ever! Almost. They are just so ridiculously prepared for the gospel. Every commandment we teach them they loooove and see the wisdom and merit in it. They want to participate in everything. K** really understands how to put the Lord first.
SO this week. I went crazy for President Monson's talk. "Obedience brings Blessings" and another one "obedience to law is liberty'. This is a principle I failed to understand before the mission. Obedience is the key
SO. Stay cool. And remember, when you reach a new level--you meet a new devil. So be obedient. Nice.
Love you all.