Monday, November 10, 2014

Choose the right


So I think y’all got the routine down now for El Salvador.

 



This week there was another earthquake. Maybe I really do need to repent...in addition; my companion and I tried to make Pupusas on our own because I have decided that my children will be raised on Latin cuisine. 

 

Pupusas
We gave it our all; I can’t say we were successful. They made us really sick and so we have determined to leave the Latin dishes to the Latinas. nahhh we won’t give up that easily. This week will bring with it attempt number two. 

 

Our zone had a rap jam sesh. It took jamming to another level for me, and you may rest assured that we employed our very best Spanglish to our rhyming advantage. I really enjoyed myself. It’s a hobby I plan on taking up when I go back the United States. 

 

In other news, I received some sad information. I had planned on extending my mission just a liiiiittle bit. But I was denied that request. I died a pinch when I was informed that I will have to go home in March. To be specific, I think it was my kidney that gave out on the spot. So now I’m dealing with the harsh reality that one day my mission will end. One day I will not be graced by the presence of sooooo many lovely Latinos. One day I won’t get to spend 24/7 teaching the gospel as a representative of Jesus Christ. Rough. 

 
A little brother at the baptism
 
 

I don’t know if any of you have heard references to Latin blood before? Like how Latinos blood just runs a little hotter than ours does up in the north. Well this is not just a saying, it’s supported fact. It gets wildly entertaining when these people get riled up.

 

And I can’t say...but I think one of the more awkward experiences of my mission life happened this week. Many Latin women have tried to convince me to marry their sons, but this uncomfortable situation was amplified when a woman tried to get her son to take me dancing at a club. I’m still cringing. I think she has misunderstood the missionary purpose. 

 

Well N, our recent convert, is tearing up the mission field. This week he referred us to two of his friends. He came with us to a lesson and bore a beautiful testimony of the restoration of the gospel. Until he had to stop speaking, because he got a little emotional. It’s interesting to me that so many of my convert’s testimonies don’t seem to really flourish until after they are baptized. I’m not certain, but I’m gonna guess that it has something to do with taking that step of faith.

 

The Lord really blessed us in finding people to teach this week. Mini miracles abound. I refound this scripture, and I would like to share it. 

 

 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

 

 

Hmm. That is true. And I would like to add that nothing feels better than knowing we have been forgiven. 

 

Christ is our redeemer! We need to remember Him every minute of everyday. 

 

Much love.

Sister Hirschi

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment