Monday, December 15, 2014

8 Minutes of fame with Father Flavvimuchi


What’s up guysssss

 

 

Love you out there. 

 

Can you guys believe that we are halfway done with December? I’m convinced that this is the fastest moving month, and it goes even faster when you are frantically searching for people who want to learn about the Savior!

 

Notable items of interest this week: 

 

First up: changes happened (AKA transfers). My foster child was taken from me (aka Sister Othe 2nd companion that she was training...the "twin") and so was our little Latina Sis P. I was pretty bummed about that...but the good news is that the Lord saw fit to leave me out here in jolly ol M (her same area...no change)!! With my daughter (her companion who was brand new in the mission when they were made companions) Sis M! As such, we continue our morning routines with Shaun T (the exercise video), and bothering our ward mission leader as much as time and the law permits. Basically, I’m stoked. 

 

Some new sisters arrived to live with us. Hna E and Hna Mz. They’re both from Guatemala and speak no English. YESSSS. I love speaking Spanish so muchhhh with them. Sis Mz is probably like 4´6. haha I literally tower over her. When I hug her I just bend over directly at my waist. But she is a little ball of joy. Everything I say makes her laugh. I’ll say “Hey Sis Mz what are you cooking over there?” and she erupts in laughter. hahahahah it’s a good time. 

 

Also I got famous this week. 

 

 

I’ve been waiting for this moment my whole life. Evidently, each year the church awards a member of the community who has given significant contributions to the community in the support of strong family values. So there is a nice little presentation, some music, and a catered dinner afterwards. 

 

It just so happens that the members in charge of this event are in our ward, and asked my compa and I to do the musical portion. 

 

Of course. 

 

(Mom I sang alto and you’d be so proud). We performed Regocijad Jesus Nacio and Cantan Santos Angeles and I played the piano on another number. But anyways, this year the award went to a Catholic Father. I’m a little confused about his heritage...because he was born in Boston, but his name is PADRE Flavvimuchi (Italian) and he has lived his entire adult life in El Salvador. He spoke Spanish and it was almost too much for my mind to handle because the entire time I was just like WHAT IS YOUR LANGUAGE YOUR NATIVE TONGUE PADRE QUE ES. Still don’t know. 

 

Anyway, we performed with a violinist and a cellist. It actually sounded pretty good to my ears...but the exciting part is that CHANNEL 8 FILMED THE ENTIRE THING. hahahahaha and we were live baby. My first live performance. Singing for the padre. In El Salvador. Who thought fame would come to me like this??

 

After the ceremony we were kinda the poor relations there at the party, so they set us at a table in the back and we tried to convert the people that ate with us. hahaha but hey ...we still got the food which...no lie, was the best I’d had in about 15 months. 

 

This weekend a few people have been like, hey! I saw you last night on TV! And I’m like “I know. We’re gonna go big soon. We’ll call ourselves ´the sisters´. Also you can view our rerun on channel 8 4:00 in the morning on Monday. Don’t miss it.” 

hahaha yeah. 

 

The mission. 

 

 

haha. 

 

The never ending adventure. 

If you don’t believe me, serve a mission. 

 

So apart from that, 

We worked. We found some good people. A man named J showed up to church of his own volition. I was like, who are you??? Just a guy we talked to once who has now come to church two weeks in a row. That doesn’t happen!

 

In addition, 4 of our recent converts are going to the temple this week. On Tuesday. There is no greater joy than that! Already on their way to the House of the Lord. 

 

So here is what I would like to do now. This week a kid asked us how we can know if God is really real. And I said, “well, consider the evidence. Then it’s personal. You have to ask.” It’s amazing to me how many people do not know that they can ask God a question! But we can! And He promises us that He will answer. 

 

7 ¶Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

 

 

I know God gave us His son. He has been there since the beginning. Sometimes I don’t understand how it could be all possible, but I know enough to know that I don’t know all. He is blessing us here in El Sal. 

 

So, I encourage each of you to ask. Find out if its ´real´. But what joy this sentence really does give! To know that our Redeemer lives! That he loves us! Let’s remember that...especially right now. Let’s seek Him diligently. 

 

I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Be kind. 

 

Love

Sister Hirschi

 

 

PS this email was super dificil to write. Spanish is taking over my brainnnnn

 

Also this was very inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment