Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Its the most wonderful time of the year!


Hey guys! 

 

So guess what. 

I cut my hair. Again. But this time I went big league. I chopped it alllllll. 

I was just so...bored. So it’s just below my chin. SURPRISE! hahah the best is when the elders try to compliment me without saying anything that could borderline be determined as inappropriate.

 

Oh hey Sister Hirschi. Oh. You cut your hair. 

 

Yes I did. 

 

....it looks good..............

 

Thanks. 

 

.................

 

 

hahahahahaha its too much fun. I LOVE ELDERS. Really I do. 

 

Besides that...today I went to a palace?? That was pretty sweet. I didn’t know any such building existed in El Salvador, but I ended up on this Latin adventure with an Argentinian and a Nicaraguan and a Honduran??? (All missionaries mind you) and we got lost...and found A PALACE. When does that happen?? So we went inside. It cost only one dollar for the tour and it was STUNNING. So that was fun. Pics next week y’all. But if you’re dying to know...it’s the Palacio Nacional. Google it. 

 

ummm ademas, we had AN AMAZING WEEK. So it started with a leadership meeting where president showed us the “HE is the Gift” video. Basically I LOVE  the church. And it is super hip and with it. And our president has asked us to inundate the world with this message...that Christ is the gift. So we are carrying our little dvd player around the  streets of El Salvador and showing it to everyoneeeeee. Amazingly, the video never gets old for me. Check her out. 

 


 

The only problem is that the word they used in the translation to Spanish is correct...except that it’s not a Spanish word used here in El Sal. So noooo oooone knows what we’re saying when we tell them about it. Oops. 

 

NEWS FLASH. I just watched it in English for the first time...right now...and it’s DIFFERENT than the Spanish version we are showing. What the cray????!!!

 

 

 

It’s the Christmas season and the miracling has begun!

 

Last night, during the superb Christmas devotional, we pulled a fecha. (scheduled a baptism)OUT OF NO WHERE. M, last weeks groom's mom, had listened to us before, but her work schedule is nuts. Nuts as in 9am to 3am in the morning. Yikessss. 18 hours working a day? There was no way for her to go to church ni nadaaaa. And then last night, she quit her job, and she asked us, when can I get baptized?? And my jaw just hit the floor. Because I am not kidding when I say last week I worked harder than I EVER have to find SOMEONE who was ready to be baptized. And nothing came of it. And then a random guy of his own volition came to church on Sunday, and then M quit her job. 

 

He prepares the way folks. He always does. Here is a classic

 

7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

 

Also this is awesome:

 

15 And this was their faith, that by so doing God would prosper them in the land, or in other words, if they were faithful in keeping the commandments of God that he would prosper them in the land; yea, warn them to flee, or to prepare for war, according to their danger;

 

 

That is our faith! If we are obedient, the Lord will prosper us in the land of El Salvador. 

So we are still working as hard as humanly possible. I know that FAITH, our faith in the Lord can make this happen. So far, December has been just insane. Please, please,  please pray for us and those we are teaching! 

 

I love you all and I love El Salvador. I LOVE THE MISSION.

 

FELIZ NAVIDAD! Watch that video in Facebook! I testify THAT HE IS THE GIFT. 

 

Love you all

Hermana Hirschi

No comments:

Post a Comment